0104: BASE (60) Tuesday Wk 1
Instructor: Adam Duration: 60 minutes Training Outcome : Strength and Endurance Music: Groovy Electronic Relative Effort: Easy- Medium
Press Play & Get Rollin’
How do I get started with Zwift ? :
- To make sure the music and the instruction line up with the Zwift session, the instructor will guide you, at the perfect time too:
- Press TAB on your keyboard (desktop / laptop ) or
- Swipe RIGHT on your ZWIFT COMPANION on the warm-up interval ( you will need Zwift Companion on your Phone iOS / Play Store )
- If you need any further help, simply click to message me
No Zwift… No problems.. Everything is as per usual !
The purpose of this session is to build base Strength & Fitness.
As we build our base – there are 2 key components to our training – building STRENGTH and building the ENGINE (improved Cardiovascular fitness ).
When training for STRENGTH on a bike, the key focus is to keep the CAD low (or SLOW)
This session is intended to be sustained, steady and uninterrupted.
- 4 repeats of 10 minute efforts each with the goal to slightly increase the intensity with each repeat, Effort levels at mid- upper Zone 2 or 70 – 75% of FTP or RPE 4 /10
- Between each effort take a 2 minute recovery at an intensity to allowing your to be ready for the next effort – lower Zone 2 or 55-60% of FTP or RPE 2-3 /10
Keep your cadence/rpm as low as you can manage. This should be in
the range of 50 to 60 rpm.
RPE: 1 = Easy & 10 is Max
Keep your focus and roll on’